The mini display port to VGA adaptor is a practical product. It connects your mini display port computer to a VGA display with fewer cables and in split seconds. But finding a compatible yet affordable adaptor is indeed demanding to many.
The best mini display port to VGA adaptor is the Insignia Mini DisplayPort to VGA adaptor. You can easily get it from the BestBuy online store, at an affordable rate of $24.99. We recommend it because it is universally adaptable to different computer types.
Of course, as you can guess, we have a plethora of the best adaptors from known brands and stores right here. Read this product review and select from these top products to help you shop in comfort.
Mini Display Port To VGA Adaptor
The mini display port to VGA adaptor connects a mini-display PC to a VGA display units in an instant. These are the best options to pick from according to stores and brands.
- Functional on mini display port PC
- Allows VGA connection to display units
- Great for presentations via projectors
- Processes up to 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Compatible with Thunderbolt ports
- Produces excellent picture quality and delivers the best service.
It is universally compatible.
Resolution limit: 1900 x 1200 pixel
Warranty: 1 year
- It allows you to connect to external projectors with an adaptor.
- It gives you the option to use projectors as your work display unit.
- You can use the mirror mode on a projector to see what your target-audience views.
- It connects your PC to an analog display unit.
- VGA adaptor is not digital, so you cannot playback the “HDCP-encrypted” media type as the resolution would reduce.
- Only older models of Apple computers will be compatible with this adaptor.
- New mac models do not have the analog port that comes with this adaptor. Therefore, need extra circuit connections to generate the compatible signals.
You can only use this adapter on mini display port Mac, thunderbolt, or thunderbolt 2 port. Not compatible with: thunderbolt 3 USB-C
Older models that can use this adaptor includes;
- MacBook Air of 13 and 11-inch screen and 2015 – 2017 model
- MacBook Pro Retina, 13 and 15 inches, 2012 – 2015 model
- iMac (Retina 4K and 5k,27inch and 21.5-inch, 2014- 2015 model)
- Mac Pro (2013 model)
- Mac mini (2014model)
- Price: $39.00
- Resolution: supports up to 1920 x 1200 resolution
- The adapter connects two display units with one port.
- You can use two monitors at some time and increase productivity.
- Compatible with newer models of PC, especially those with fewer ports resulting in better multitasking functions
- You can stream different contents from two monitors at a time.
- You can use the mirror mode on two projectors to see what your different target audience views.
- Enhanced picture quality
- The adapter connection utilizes your video card and reduces excessive system aid yet produces excellent video resolution.
- It produces a 4k resolution which is higher than the typical 1080 pixel most adapter gives.
- Great for graphic and medical imaging presentations
- Compatible with most monitors and TV and projectors.
- It works on the Lenovo Think Pad and other I.2 display ports.
- Acts as a splitter of videos for earlier model display port
Mac OSX isn’t compatible with this adaptor for intel GPU, as it would not allow multiple displays at a time. The limitation is caused by Mac OSX, as a different OS like windows would support its dual display functionality.
Dimensions (inches) (LxWxH): 15.2 x 2.3 x 0.6
Voltage: 240 Volts
- It provides a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200
- It is compatible with Surface Pro tablets.
- The adapter is compatible with the mini display port gadget and VGA displays.
- It permit you to view videos and pictures with enhanced quality.
- It is easy to connect and use
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
Product: Video Cable
Cable Type: Mini Display Port to VGA
Cable (length): 9.2 inches
Device compatibility: Microsoft surface, surface pro 3 and 4, surface book and note, video gadgets, Monitors and Projector
Weight (grams):42.6 g
Warranty: 1 Year
- The Lenovo mini display port adapter is a smaller edition of the DP display adapter.
- It gives a seamless connection to other display units like projectors
- It is compatible with mini display port devices and thunderbolt tech
- It permits long period connections
- You can use the mirror mode feature with the adapter on VGA displays
- Its picture quality is up to 1920x 1200 pixel
Length: 20 cm
Weight: 0.15 kg
WARRANTY: Three Year
- The Dell adapter permits you to watch videos from the monitor with a mini display port to VGA display.
- You can use it on older editions of the display port.
- It is compatible with up to 1920 x 1200 pixel and for the enhanced viewing experience of the monitor to VGA
- It permits the transfer of content from PC or monitor to projector
- Compatible with universal display port gadgets
- You can use it to watch movies in a home or workspace
- You can use it for work or school assignment presentations
- It is not bulky
Display screen: 24 Inches
Item Weight: 0.317 ounces
Dimensions( LxWxH ): 2 x 8 x 1 inches
- The Belkin mini display port to VGA Adapter relay video content from the mini display port to Vga projector
- With this adapter, you can merge older model computer with the newer model display unit
- Seamless connections with the easy to use adapter
- Compatible with up to 1920 x 1080 pixel for monitors and 1080 resolution for HDTV
- Smart Plug and play connection; no special software installation to use it.
- It converts digital signals to analog and displays them at a high resolution.
Weight: 0.8 ounces
Dimensions(LxWxH):8.58 x 1.5 x 0.68 inches
Voltage: 6 Volts
- The mini display port to VGA adapter works only on the surface pro series; it includes the surface pro 2 and 3.
- It allows you to display picture and video content.
- It is easy to connect to projectors, and you can use it for presentation and other work or home activity.
- It is compatible with up to 1920 x 1200 pixels.
Dimensions (inches): 2.36 x 0 .39 x 1.97
Dimension (weight): 0.704 ounces
Manufacturer: Microsoft Xbox
How To Use A Mini Display Port To VGA On The Surface Tablet
The mini display port to VGA connects seamlessly to the display unit in the few steps below;
Step1: There’s a mini-port on the right side of the Surface tablet; identify it and plug in the cable.
Step 2: The cable has two ends; plug in the other side of the adapter into your display unit.
Click on the “start” setting and choose PC setting.
Under the PC setting, select PC and devices.
Step 4: Click display, then the “find display” setting.
Select second display and switch. Now the content will show in the display unit. It is crucial to note that the higher resolution should be for the larger screen.
To change the display resolution.
- Select the tablet or projector icon, and the resolution will pop up.
- You can transfer content by the pull and add method. To do this, pull the content you want to move it towards the edge. The direction depends on which screen is at the top or bottom.
Tips To Consider When The Mini Display Port To VGA Adapter Needs Troubleshooting.
- Wiggle the adapter on both ends to ensure you plugged it incorrectly.
- Sometimes the projector or screen is a battle to connect and constantly pops error messages. Power off and on the surface tablets, then plug the screen or projector.
- If the projector connects but has no audio or video, re-boot and connect it again.
- If it doesn’t function correctly, it may be damaged. You have to replace it with another adapter to confirm.
Buying a gadget connection can be hard to get right, especially when you are unsure which one is compatible with your device. We have put together several mini display port to VGA adapters to save you the stress of multiple web searches. The best MDP to VGA adapter is the mini display port to VGA adaptor from Insignia™. It is universally compatible with most computers, and it gives value to money spent.