Sometimes you may need to uninstall a game or an app from your device. “Heroes of the storm” is an exciting game, but you may need to free up some space on your computer. Some gamers may also want to uninstall the game because they have played it so much. Uninstalling heroes of the storm may be a bit tricky, and there is the issue of leftover junk files. However, you can uninstall the game effectively with a few steps. This guide will discuss how to uninstall the heroes of the storm from your computer.
What is Heroes of the Storm?
The multiplayer video game, Heroes of the Storm, was released by Blizzard Entertainment on June 2, 2015. This battle arena game was developed and published for macOS and Microsoft Windows. Blizzard does not refer to this video game as a multiplayer online battle arena. They see it differently and as something with a wider playstyle. Heroes of the Storm features Blizzard Franchise heroes like Warcraft, Diablo, The Lost Vikings, StarCraft, and Overwatch.
Why should you consider uninstalling Heroes of the Storm on your computer?
Heroes of the Storm get updates continuously with new content and heroes. There are two major reasons why you could be considering uninstalling this game from your computer. It may be that you have played it for a very long time and you are now bored. It could also be because you need to free up some space on your computer. Whatever the case is, you can uninstall Heroes of the Storm from your computer. Kindly follow the steps in the subsequent sections to do it.
How Do I Uninstall “Heroes of the Storm” on Mac Manually?
The process of uninstalling a Blizzard game is almost the same as uninstalling programs on macOS. You may do that by dragging and dropping the application or game icon from the Applications folder to Trash. But this will leave a lot of leftover junk files on your Mac. With that said, the steps below will guide you on how to uninstall Heroes of the Storm from your Mac.
To uninstall the game on Mac Mojave:
- Step 1: Open Finder; go to Applications and to Heroes of the Storm.
- Step 2: After taking the Heroes of the Storm app file to Trash, there are still Heroes of the Storm-related user profile settings, game cache data, and other ‘Hidden’ Heroes of the Storm component files. To remove all these Heroes of the Storm leftover junk, you have to move further: Open Finder and click on in Menu, click on Go, and then on enter ~/Library/.
- Step 3: You will see a huge amount of system file folders here. Find the Heroes of the Storm leftover files by digging into each folder. They should be stored in the following folders: Caches | Application Support | Containers | Frameworks | Application State| Logs | Preferences | Saved | WebKit
- Step 4: Drag the files related to Heroes of the Storm to Trash and Empty Trash and restart your Mac to finish the removal of the Heroes of the Storm game on your Mac.
How Do I Uninstall Heroes of the Storm on Mac Completely?
You can also use third-party software to completely uninstall Heroes of the Storm from your Mac. Some third-party uninstaller software is designed to help you maneuver the tedious process of uninstalling a game or an app. With a few clicks, you will uninstall the heroes of the storm and clean up every junk file associated with the game. To do this, kindly go through the steps in the below-given guide carefully. We will use Omni Remover as an example.
- Step 1: Download Omni Remover (Ready for macOS Mojave). Now, install and Open Omni Remover on your Mac.
- Step 2: In Omni Remover, click on App Uninstall. Select the Heroes of the Storm icon and click on Clean Uninstall.
- Step 3: Now, Omni Remover will start scanning all Heroes of the Storm data or files. After it is finished scanning, click Clean Uninstall to start to uninstall Heroes of the Storm from your Mac.
How Do I Uninstall Heroes of the Storm on Windows 10?
- Step 1: Open Control Panel.
- Step 2: Click on Uninstall a program.
- Step 3: Right-click the game icon and select Uninstall.
- Step 4: If the game is not listed under Add/Remove Programs, manually uninstall the game by deleting the folder in the directory where the game was installed.
- Step 5: When you finish uninstalling, there may be some leftover game files on your computer. Search for any related files and get rid of them. These files are usually found in the following locations:
C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Program Files (x86)\gametitle
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\gametitle
- Step 6: Empty the Recycle bin.
How to uninstall Battle.net
Since you may need to uninstall Battle.net completely and irrevocably, this section will discuss how to:
- completely remove the Battle.net client;
- delete Battle.net games;
- remove Blizzard account.
How to delete the Battle.net client
Battle.net is a regular program that does not differ from others in anything special, so you can delete it in a classic way.
Solution 1: Use special software
We recommend using special uninstallers that are designed solely to clean and optimize your PC. We will uninstall the Battle.net client using the Geek Uninstaller.
- Step 1: Even if Battle.net is not launched, its process runs in the background. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL simultaneously and choose Task Manager. Click on Details. Locate the Agent.exe process and stop it with the End task button.
- Step 2: Open Geek Uninstaller, and in the list of programs, find the Battle.net client, right-click on it, and select Uninstall in the context menu.
- Step 3: Confirm the action and follow the removal instructions. Choose unnecessary registry entries and residual files, then confirm their deletion.
Solution 2: Use Windows tools
- Step 1: Right-click on the Start. In. In the next window, choose Programs and Features.
- Step 2: In the list of programs, find Battle.net, highlight it, and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Step 3: Confirm the action and wait for the process to complete.
How to uninstall Battle.net games
Here are a few possible ways to uninstall battle.net games from your computer.
Solution 1: Via the Battle.net client
- Step 1: Go to the client. In the Menu on the left, click the game you want to delete, tap Options, and then Uninstall Game.
- Step 2: Confirm the selection and wait for the process to complete.
Solution 2: Using third-party software
- Step 1: Tick the checkbox near the game and click Uninstall at the top.
- Step 2: Optionally, enable the backup restore and the automatic deletion of residual files, then click Uninstall again.
- Step 3: Battle.net games are tied to the client, which asks for confirmation. Confirm and be patient for the process to finish, at the end of which IObit will show you a standard report.
Solution 3: Uninstall Manually
- Step 1: If for some reason, the deletion by the previous two ways is impossible, you will have to do everything manually.
- Step 2: Find the location of the game files. Open Battle.net, click the desired game, then click on Options and on Show in Explorer. Alternatively, On the desktop, search for the game shortcut, call the context menu and click on Open file location.
- Step 3: In the open folder, select the game directory, right-click the context menu, and click Delete.
- Step 4: Clear all the game-related folders on the disk. Usually, the files related to Battle.net are stored in these locations:
C:/Documents and settings/Local settings/Temp;
C:/ProgramData/Battle.net (Blizzard Entertainment);
C:/Program Files (x86)/GameName;
You should know that if you cannot locate a folder with that name, go to the Control Panel, open Folder Properties and tick the checkbox that says, “Show hidden files and folders.”
How to delete Blizzard account
If you want to delete your Blizzard account, you will have to request personal information like your name, email, phone, payment methods, etc., to be removed from the account. It will also lead to the complete and permanent removal of the following data:
- communication history with Blizzard support
- shopping history
- game accounts and all game progress
- all remaining funds on the Blizzard Balance.
- purchased games, promotions, codes, and internal game items
The request may take about 30 days to be complete. Once the request is complete, Blizzard will be unable to recover the information and the account. You will need to create a query and provide an image of your ID.
Uninstalling the heroes of the storm from your device may be a bit tricky. You may still have a lot of leftover junk files to deal with after the uninstallation. A third-party uninstaller software may be all you need to help you completely get rid of the game and all junk files from your computer. In all, I hope this guide helped you, and you can now uninstall this game from your computer.