Help desk migration is a fancy business need but rather a common task. The process may sound simple, but any help desk transfer actually quite complicated. No wonder that during Salesforce migration, no business owner wants to miss some details, as well as doesn’t want to dig too deeply into API structure for building own custom migration tool.
If you are still considering what help desk system you should move your customer service data to, let’s help you to figure out: a) why businesses choose Salesforce Service Cloud as their next help desk tool and b) why you need to plan your migration and option for the Salesforce migration way.
Why businesses choose Salesforce
A lot of companies move data from their shared mailbox or less functional ticketing systems to Salesforce Service Cloud for such purposes:
- to advance their customer service by adopting a full-featured help desk platform like Salesforce;
- once you acquire another business or are being acquired, you need to collect all customer data under one roof and consolidate your ticketing tools;
- your current help desk software lacks some integration and Salesforce meets your demands on a full scale.
Why do you need to plan your Salesforce migration
The change is always complicated – either you implement or move your customer service solution. That’s why proper planning helps you avoid the issues and potential inconsistencies after Salesforce migration.
This shortlist of actions will help you to route your customer service upgrade in the correct way:
- choose your future help desk system, pick a plan and identify the number of support agent licenses you need;
- identify the best timing for a data transfer when your support team is light-loaded with tickets;
- audit and choose what data you need on your new help desk platform;
- check what custom fields are default in Salesforce Service Cloud and enlist which should be created;
- inform your team about the upcoming change and discuss which ticketing tool you are going to use during the migration.
You can also look on the Help Desk Migration resources for data migration checklists and other helpful guides to exclude the common issues and perform a smooth Salesforce migration.
How to run Salesforce data migration
When you know what data to move, and what help desk tool would work during the record switch, consider the most suitable way to perform this task. Basically, you have a set of options:
- manually prepare CSV files and import via Salesforce importing tool;
- create a custom API migration tool built by a) your internal engineering team or b) developed by an outsourcing agency;
- migrate with the help of professional migration services like Help Desk Migration, the automated SaaS solution.
Each approach has its strong and weak sides, but if you want to save your time, effort, and resources – choose the automated migration service. Help Desk Migration delivers a well-developed and multi-featured solution that can meet your Salesforce migration needs in full and customize the data transfer without adjustments on your side.
To set up a free test migration, you need to register an account, connect your help desk systems, choose and map records for transfer, and start Demo migration. The small portion of data on Salesforce will show how your records can be located and whether you need some extra customizations.
As you see, Salesforce migration turns out a great choice for upgrading your customer service. To succeed, be sure to plan and test all the options before making a final decision.