A lot happens before a construction project kicks off. The first step is construction bidding. In this process, multiple contractors submit bids for construction contracts from developers, companies, and wealthy individuals. They create their proposals using commercial construction bidding software.
The proposals will, in most cases, include things like project timetables, materials to be used, and the building construction blueprint.
When creating a proposal, the project’s timeline and weather are also factored in. These are the two most significant elements in any proposal for a project. For instance, when there are winter storms, it can stop a project, and this will add more time and cost to the developer.
The basic construction tender process
Price is a crucial consideration when it comes to the construction of commercial projects. In most commercial projects like government construction, the owner is required to choose the lowest bid.
However, for other jobs, the qualification of the developers and other factors may be equally important. The selection process for a private or residential tender depends on the delivery of the method.
Here is what is involved in the basic construction tender process:
- Solicitation of the bid: The project owner will seek bids and provide a package of materials with drawing specifications. Other scope documents are also provided.
- Subcontracting: The general contractor picks bids from different subcontractors. Once a general contractor wins a bid, they can choose to subcontract for pieces of work depending on the project method.
- Bid submission: This is where the builders submit the bids to the owner before a specified deadline.
- Bid selection: The project owner reviews all the bids and chooses the winning bid.
- Contract formation: This is the final phase where the legal work for the project is done to kick off.
- Project: The project kicks off, and the construction begins.
What is included in a construction bid template?
A typical construction bid template or proposal will normally include a scope of work documents and item spreadsheets. The work documents will clearly outline the project estimates, such as the projected material costs, budget timetables, and outline of the project.
For instance, in a lodge construction project, the item sheet will outline the size of the swimming pool, the number of washrooms, materials, and drains. You can subscribe to a paid bid template or choose free templates from Microsoft Office 360.
Why do you need construction bidding software?
Bidding software is vital if you want to send your proposal for a construction project. You can use the software to streamline the bid development process. It works better than a conventional bid template.
This software makes it easy to inspect construction costs, pay tracking, house job costs, and build timetables. The bidding software will also report the daily market costs for the local materials using automatic updates.
Using templates and bidding software all come to the same end goal. That means you are free to choose which method you want to use when sending a proposal. Once you are done with the bidding process, your next move is to find funds for the project.
The commercial construction bidding process entails a lot. Hoverer, you can simplify the whole process using the right software. When teams are informed of the work done, they can achieve more within a set timeline.