Creating attention grasping content lies at the heart of a successful digital marketing strategy—however, another essential factor in choosing an appropriate mode of communicating that content to the viewers. You can have compelling information, but you might lose your viewers if you end up writing a lengthy blogpost for your teenage audience. Catchy and attention grasping content is key to making a top-notch digital presence. And this is why choosing the right medium is critical to an effective content strategy.
According to marketing experts, among the many tools you can use to promote your content, ebooks are the most effective. Simply put, an ebook is an electronic version of a paperback. The ‘e’ in the name stands for electronic and such books are readable online over an electronic gadget.
Now that we looked into what ebooks are let us see what role ebooks play in content strategy. The primary objective of quality content is to grasp viewers’ attention and compel them into looking at what you offer. The internet is full of clutter, yet so much information available that your business can quickly lose its customers. Content is the connecting point here. It helps you lure your customers to you and then helps grasp their attention while you convince them to purchase from you.
Moreover, eBooks help in generating leads. Once your customer lands on your webpage, you can offer them a freebie such as one of your exclusive eBooks. In return, you can ask the viewers for their emails, which generates leads. But we will discuss this later; for now, let us look into why eBooks are useful and some benefits they offer to the audience.
Benefits Of Using eBooks
Since the advent of the internet, most people now prefer doing things online. Likewise, reading is now also a habit that most people prefer doing virtually. Ebooks are perfect in this regard, and hence, using eBooks in your content marketing strategy will give you several benefits. Here we have listed some of them for you to go through:
- They save money: In a time where living expenses are sky-rocketing, you really wouldn’t want your reading habit to break your bank. And in these scenarios, eBooks are pretty convenient. Compared to a paperback book, an eBook is way cheaper and offers you the same experience. The difference is significant for avid readers since they buy books in bulk.
- They save space: Remember the last time you felt you needed more space to store your books because your old cupboard was full to the brim? We say consider shifting over to reading online. It saves massive space by completely eradicating the need to store them physically.
- They are instantly downloadable: We are a generation of instant gratification, and if we want something, we want it now. Ebooks support this concept of urgency and are downloadable at a few clicks. Most publishers now even have eBook versions of their paperbacks. It is simple to create eBooks by using convert books to eBooks software available on numerous platforms online.
- The fonts can change: Ideally, for old aged people or anyone with eyesight problems, the ability to change the font size is a blessing in disguise. You can increase the font and read quickly, whereas this is not possible on a paperback.
- They help you save the environment: If you are an environmentalist, eBooks should be your best friend. It is because physical books utilize paper, and it means several trees are giving up their lives to fulfill your need to read a book. Therefore, to support the saving of chopping trees to make paper, consider reading online through eBooks.
- They are convenient and portable to carry: Finally, the most obvious benefit is that eBooks are super easy to carry. You take your kindle or iPad around, and you can have a dozen books on you without feeling the burden of it. It is the best part about eBooks!
These benefits indicate that using eBooks to put forward your content is an opportunity one should not miss. Ebooks are considered a thing of the past, which is not entirely true. If your eBook strategy is on point according to the kind of audience you are targeting and their current state of mind, eBooks can prove extremely useful. We discuss how to position your eBooks in your marketing campaign in the next section.
How To Use Ebooks In Your Content Strategy
Now that we have looked into why individuals may love reading eBooks let us look into how you can utilize them for your good. You can use one of the following eBook strategies in your content marketing plan, depending on which suits your needs.
Use Ebooks As Lead Generators
It is by far the most common use of eBooks. Once you apply several tactics and boost your webpage traffic, what do you do? Once your potential customers land on your website, how do you stop them from leaving and never returning? By creating leads!
Building leads requires you to offer some compelling offers to the viewers to give you their personal information. For example, when a viewer enters your web page, they see a popup that asks them to download a free eBook. But when they click on the offer, they are asked for their email to continue with the download. Now, if your free content, or the eBook, in this case, is attractive enough and offers good value, the viewer will most probably take up the option. And when they do, you have created a lead.
Now you have a list of your potential customers’ email addresses that you can use to stay in touch with through email marketing. It is a fantastic way to have a consistent communication channel with your potential customers. Moreover, email marketing can help you convert your leads into sales.
Create A Desire For Your Product Or Service
Another way you can use eBooks is to create an image of your brand in the customers’ minds. If your potential consumers do not currently know you, one way to start selling yourself is to build a desire in them. It would be best to talk about a problem or an issue in the customers’ lives that your product can solve. You do not ask them to buy your products; instead, you convince them that they need your product to help themselves.
For example, you can write an eBook on styling leather jackets with almost every outfit. At the same time, you are a fashion brand that sells designer jackets. Another example is to talk about different gaming platforms while you produce and sell mobile games. The motive is not to sell your product bluntly; instead, working on creating a desire for your product or service.
Turn The Ebook Into A Product Itself
If you have made an eBook that offers specialized content, why not sell it as a separate product? It is okay to wonder why consumers will buy from you. However, instead, we ask you to question, why not? Suppose you produce an eBook with 100-200 pages of premium content that your consumers would not find anywhere on the internet. In that case, selling the eBook is a perfect choice!
Moreover, it can give your customers a glimpse of what you offer in real. For instance, if your product or service is expensive, it may be difficult for your customers to buy the product without first experiencing it. Once they are sure of your brand and it’s capabilities, they may buy from you. And paid eBooks are a remarkable way to do this.
Sell Your Products Through The E-Book
It may sound clingy, but this tactic works well when your customers already have a desire to purchase from you. If the need is already there, all you have to do is to convince them to choose you above anyone else in the market.
Such eBooks are extensive and give straightforward solutions. They are more focused on the product or service and convince the consumers that they need it. For example, you compare your products’ features to the other products in the market and how yours are better. Through this type of eBook, you make sure your consumers are reading your content and are gradually convinced to buy from you.
Retaining Your Consumers Through Your Ebooks
Once your customers have purchased from you, it is best to keep them connected by offering them some more valuable content. For example, you can present tips & tricks on making the best use of the products or informing consumers of some additional usages through the eBook.
When you convince your consumers to buy from you, that is not the end of the relationship. You want them to come back and buy from you again. Businesses do not run on one time purchases. Instead, successful companies focus on creating a life-long relationship with consumers. To turn your one-time customers into loyal consumers, you need to stay in touch and keep your target audience updated.
Ebooks are one of the most effective marketing tools to incorporate into your digital strategy. They offer innovation and creativity. You can utilize them to provide a distinct value to your consumers, similar to those mentioned above, and generate leads and sales for you. It is truly a misconception that eBooks are now outdated. However, if you provide value and quality content, your eBooks can prove immensely successful in your content marketing strategy.